Visit www.iamphx.org for all the latest on living a life of non-violence!
Arizonans for Gun Safety
AzGS is a non-profit, community-based organization dedicated to reducing gun deaths and injuries with common sense, prevention-oriented solutions. We have supporters in both Phoenix and Tucson representing health care, child advocacy groups, faith communities, law enforcement, education, parent groups and community organizations. Our mission is to engage individuals, organizations and public officials from diverse communities in a statewide campaign to prevent gun violence.
We are a volunteer organization with an active and talented board of directors. Functions such as administration, outreach, fundraising, communications/marketing, and volunteer coordination are the responsibility of board members, who also serve on a variety of statewide coalitions and groups including the Arizona Advocacy Network and the Arizona Department of Health Services' Injury Prevention Advisory Council. Our main activities focus on public awareness campaigns, workshops and education programs, disseminating data and information and, through our 501c4 organization Arizonans for Gun Safety Advocacy Network, advocacy for sensible gun violence policies.
Our Major Accomplishments
• State coordinator for the Media and Community Outreach component of Project Safe Neighborhoods – a national initiative to reduce illegal guns and gun crime
• Organized the Gun Violence Forums in 2000 and 2005
• Issued “The Impact of Firearm Violence in Arizona 2000” in Partnership with the Trauma Program at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
• Winner of 2002 Healthy Arizona Award for Injury and Violence Prevention
• Arizona’s Family FunFest Safe Storage Event and Trigger Lock Give Away
• Organized the Arizona Million Mom March
• Helped pass Shannon’s Law, Making it a Felony to Fire a Gun into the Air within City Limits
• Holiday Random Fire Media Campaign
• City of Tucson Gun Show Directive
• Smart Parents ASK Media Campaign
• Arizona’s Family Women’s Expo Trigger Lock Give Away
• Mother’s Day Message- TV PSA
• Tucson “Guns in the Home” Health Care Conference
• Developed a Speakers Bureau Video
• Citizen of the Year Award- Tucson
• First Monday Media Project
• PAZ: Connecting for Peace – The Youth Gun Violence Prevention Conference
to football star Bobby Wade and his brother, James', personal story of gun violence here.
You can also hear Bobby and James' story on 101.5
JAMZ in Phoenix.
Arizonans for Gun Safety and commit to a life of non-violence. And follow us on Facebook for information about events, community projects and more.